AIFMD implementation means you have more regulatory reporting to do. It’s another job, it’s all new and no-one has done it before …
- The AIFMD is now in place across Europe and the Annex IV Reporting Requirements are now implemented.
- All AIFMs (fund managers) now have to report data and information to their regulators with reporting scope determined on an AIFM basis, not just on a fund basis.
- Non-European managers marketing funds in Europe are required to report separately in each country they are marketing in and different countries have different AIFMD reporting requirements.
- Reporting formats, methodologies and technology standards are not standardised – they will be but not yet.
- AIFMD Annex IV Reporting for Private Equity and Real Estate Funds needs to be completed and delivered to the different regulators from 31st January 2015.
- Reporting formats and requirements continue to change – the workload to comply with AIFMD Reporting requires a thorough knowledge of the requirements.
- Managers and their CFO’s are all busy – this additional task is being loaded onto an already busy organisation.
- The level and type of information is different to other regulatory reporting – and will require additional time and effort to collate with short timelines for completion.
- Getting it wrong or delivering late is not an option – this is regulatory reporting.